What to Do in Cases of a Lost Boat Registration With Transport Canada

Lost Boat Registration

If you’ve read our blog, you know that we always stress the importance of your boat’s registration. Not to keep bringing that up, but we want to talk about how vital it is to have the certificate on you while operating the boat and what to do in case of a lost boat registration.


Lost Boat Registration

So, you’re probably aware that your boat’s registration is a mandatory document for non-recreational vessels here in Canada. If you are operating your boat, you need to have the certificate of registration on board. This has to be the actual certificate and not a copy or a scan of it, which means that you need to take care of the certificate so that it’s always valid. So, what happens if you lose the certificate or something happens to it? Well, you will have to get a new certificate, but this doesn’t mean that you have to go through the registration all over again. However, you will need to replace the certificate in an official capacity.


Replacing Your Registration Certificate

So, if you need to go through the process of requesting a replacement certificate, we can make it all easier for you. This is the kind of process that we at the National Vessel Registry Center Corp want to make easier for you. This process doesn’t have to be complicated, but it can certainly take a while, so it’s always good to take care of it as soon as possible. All you need to do is head over to the form for a replacement certificate, which you can find here on our website. Once you’ve filled out the request for a certificate, you can also submit it through our platform, making everything more convenient for you.


What About a Pleasure Craft Licence?

Now, on the other hand, if you lose your pleasure craft license, you will have to go through a very similar process. The same principle applies in these cases, which means that you will need to have your licence on board in order to operate your recreational boat here in Canadian waters. So, if you need a new license after something happened to the original, you will have to request a duplicate from Transport Canada. This process is very simple, mostly involving the submission of the corresponding form. Just like with the previously explained process, you just need to head over to the duplicate option in our menu and fill out the form. Soon, you will receive a new official copy of the pleasure craft license so that you can continue sailing without issue.

Lost Boat Registration

Submitting Forms to Transport Canada

The thought of having to submit forms to a government agency might sound pretty tedious, but we at the National Vessel Registry Center Corp. make everything a lot easier for you. Not only will you find all relevant forms here, including those needed to request a replacement certificate or pleasure craft license, but you will also be able to submit them to Transport Canada through our platform. If you have any questions about the process, don’t hesitate to reach out to us by calling +1 (800) 419-9569 or email us at info@canadianvesselregistry.ca.