Terms and Conditions for Usage of canadianvesselregistry.ca Website
1. Disclaimer; Cancellation/ Refund Policy
- I understand that National Vessel Registry Center Corp is NOT Transport Canada.
- I understand that National Vessel Registry Center Corp does not represent any government agency and is not endorsed by any governmental agency.
- I understand I am submitting my application through a private company.
- I understand that all of my application and processing fees regarding the submission of my application are nonrefundable.
- I understand that in the event I desire to cancel my application, my fees are nonrefundable.
- I understand that my application will be processed in the order in which it was received and no exact time frame regarding my application can be given as every application is unique.
- Our guidance/advice is predicated only upon the information as submitted. If that information proves imprecise, incorrect, or changes materially, our guidance/advice may change, and could cause your application to be delayed or denied by Transport Canada.
- I understand that applications will be sent to Transport Canada for processing as Transport Canada is the only official entity responsible for the issuance of Certificates of Registry and Pleasure Craft Licences.
- The materials on National Vessel Registry Center Corp’s website and mailed publications are provided “as is.” National Vessel Registry Center makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchant ability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, National Vessel Registry Center Corp does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet website or mailed publications or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
- This service has not been approved or endorsed by any agency of the government.
- This is not a government sponsored website, but is a private fee-for-service company assisting private vessel owners in seeking registrations, renewals, and other documentation requirements of Transport Canada.
- Please be advised that certain applications submitted over the weekend will be processed the following business day.
- NVRC is not responsible for lost, damaged or destroyed mail.
2. Fees are Non-Refundable; Failure to respond Will Result in Cancellation of Application
- By accepting these terms and conditions and making all payments required for your transaction, you acknowledge that there will be no refund of any fees charged by us and paid by you for any reason.
- 90-Day Period Respond Policy: You may be contacted regarding errors, omissions, or additional information needed to complete your application. I understand that if I do not respond to communication attempts within 90 days of the date of the communication attempt, my application will be canceled.
- Fees submitted for online applications include application fees to Transport Canada as well as company fees for services provided.
- Applications submitted through National Vessel Registry Center Corp’s online portal may require additional documents to be sent electronically (e.g. fax or email). As National Vessel Registry Center Corp is a strictly a online processing firm, National Vessel Registry Center Corp does not take mailed in applications/documents nor offer a walk in service.
- In the event that a boat sale does not go through please be advised that all applications and processing fees are not refundable as per our no refund policy.
3. Disputed Charges
A Charge Dispute, or “Charge Back”, is any formal attempt to withhold or remove consideration, after contracting with NVRC. Such damaging, and fraudulent action will cause all further operations on the original service request to cease, and the account to enter collections. Any/all additional attorney fees, penalties, or expenses incurred will be added to the outstanding balance.
- By using this website, you, the customer, warrant to us that all information provided is true and accurate and that you are not using any transaction to commit any wrongful civil or criminal act.
- Likewise, if a documentation transaction is rejected due to any error in the completeness or accuracy of the information you provide, then the consequences for such are solely of your own doing, and NVRC bears no responsibility or liability caused thereby. This could include suspension of your rights to use your vessel and penalties, prosecution, and fines by Transport Canada.
- In no event shall National Vessel Registry Center Corp or its suppliers be liable for any consequential damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data, or lost profits, or damages due to business interruption) arising out of the use of inability to use the materials on National Vessel Registry Center Corp’s canadianvesselregistry.ca website, even if National Vessel Registry Center Corp or a National Vessel Registry Center Corp authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on National Vessel Registry Center Corp’s website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. National Vessel Registry Center Corp does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. National Vessel Registry Center Corp may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. National Vessel Registry Center Corp does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
National Vessel Registry Center Corp has not reviewed all of the websites linked to its Internet website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked website. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by National Vessel Registry Center Corp of the website. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to National Vessel Registry Center Corp’s website shall be governed by the laws of the province of British Columbia without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
By accessing this website, you are agreeing to be bound by these website Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this website. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
10. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on National Vessel Registry Center Corp’s website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to deconstruct or reverse engineer any software contained on National Vessel Registry Center Corp’s website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by National Vessel Registry Center Corp at any time.
- Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and make use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available, to customers, information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
12. Priority Request
NVRC offers an additional service called Priority Request/Rush Processing on certain applications. This service, when selected, allows an application to bypass NVRC’s internal queue of previously-submitted applications, and be addressed immediately by an assigned Documentation Processor. Completion of this document is optional. All prioritized applications receive NVRC’s internal prioritization and are sent accordingly to Transport Canada for processing. Note that these applications, once received by Transport Canada, are NOT prioritized and are processed in the order in which they are received.
Web Site Privacy & Security Policy
13. Disclaimer and limitation of liability
This system is monitored to ensure proper operation, to verify the functioning of applicable security features, and for other like purposes. Anyone using this system expressly consents to such monitoring. Unauthorized attempts to modify any information stored on this system, to defeat or circumvent security features, or to utilize this system for other than its intended purposes are prohibited and may result in criminal prosecution.
14. Restriction of liability
National Vessel Registry Center Corp Inc. make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the contents of this web site and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in the contents of this web site. No warranty of any kind, implied, expressed or statutory, including but not limited to the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and freedom from computer virus, is given with respect to the contents of this web site or its hyperlinks to other Internet resources. Reference in this web site to any specific commercial products, processes, or services, or the use of any trade, firm or corporation name is for the information and convenience of the public, and does not constitute endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the National Vessel Registry Center Corp.
Information presented on this web site is considered copyrighted material. National Vessel Registry Center Corp is the sole owner of the trademarks and copyrights related to www.canadianvesselregistry.ca However, all information submitted to the National Vessel Registry Center Corp via this site shall be deemed and remain the property of the National Vessel Registry Center Corp, except those submissions made under separate legal contract.
We collect no personal information about you when you visit our website unless you choose to provide this information to us. However, we collect and store certain information automatically. Here is how we handle information about your visit to our website.
16. What We Collect and Store Automatically
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the website, read pages, or download information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally. We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
- The Internet domain (for example, “xcompany.com” if you use a private Internet access account, or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from a university’s domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our website;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- If you linked to our website from another website, the address of that website.
We use the information we collect to count the number and type of visitors to the different pages on our site, and to help us make our site more useful to visitors like you.
17. If You Send Us E-mail
You may choose to provide us with personal information, as in e-mail with a comment or question. We use the information to improve our service to you or to respond to your request. Sometimes we forward your e-mail to other government employees who may be better able to help you like Transport Canada. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, we do not share our e-mail with any other outside organizations.
“Cookies” are small bits of text that are either used for the duration of a session (“session cookies”), or saved on a user’s hard drive in order to identify that user, or information about that user, the next time the user logs on to a Web site (“persistent cookies”). This Website does not use persistent cookies or any other persistent tracking technology. One or more of our component sites may use session cookies to provide streamlined navigation. These session cookies are deleted from the component’s server after your session ends and information from them is not collected or saved.
19. Information Protection
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. If such monitoring reveals evidence of possible abuse or criminal activity, such evidence may be provided to appropriate law enforcement officials. Unauthorized attempts to upload or change information on this server are strictly prohibited and may be punishable by law.
20. Linking Policy
NVRC links to many websites created and maintained by other public/and/or private organizations. NVRC provides these links as a service to our users. When users link to an outside website, they are leaving the NVRC’S site and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website(s).
NVRC will not link to any website that exhibits hate, bias or discrimination. Furthermore, we reserve the right to deny or remove any link that contains misleading information or unsubstantiated claims or is determined to be in conflict with Transport Canada’s mission or policies.
22. Disclaimer of Endorsement
The information posted on the NVRC website includes hypertext links or pointers to information created and maintained by other Government/ public and/or private organizations. NVRC provides these links and pointers solely for our users’ information and convenience. When users select a link to an outside website, they are leaving the NVRC site and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website.
- NVRC does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on a linked website.
- NVRC does not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked websites and we do not endorse the views they express or the products/services they offer.
- NVRC does not and cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website.
- NVRC is not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites.
23. Retention of Information
We destroy the information we collect when the purpose for which it was provided has been fulfilled unless we are required to keep it longer by statute or official policy.
24. Notice of Monitoring
You are entering the NVRC online documentation System, which may be used only for authorized purposes. NVRC may monitor and audit usage of this system, and all persons are hereby notified that use of this system constitutes consent to such monitoring and auditing. Unauthorized attempts to upload information and/or change information on these websites are strictly prohibited and are subject to prosecution by law.
25. Release and Limitation of Liability
Client shall release, hold harmless and indemnify NVRC and their respective employees and representatives, of and from any and all disputes, actions, claims, demands, liabilities, judgements, and attorney fees, which are related to or arise directly from the use of our services/site/advertising/materials/activities, howsoever caused, including, without limitation, those due to the negligence, fault or other act or omission of NVRC or of their respective employees or representatives. By accepting the terms and conditions by submitting an application through the online portal www.canadianvesselregistry.ca or by phone still subject to these terms and conditions.