Every Form You Might Need to Get Your BC Pleasure Craft License in Order

BC pleasure craft license

When you own a pleasure craft, you have two options: you can either register it with Transport Canada, something that is mandatory for commercial vessels, or you can get a BC pleasure craft license, which most owners consider easier and more convenient. Whether you already have your license and need to alter it some way or you are getting it for the first time, we have all the right forms to help you out.

New BC Pleasure Craft License

So, when will you need to get a license for your pleasure craft? There are very specific conditions under which this is mandatory. If you have a pleasure craft equipped with motors of 10 horsepower (7.5 kilowatts) or more, even if it is a personal watercraft, that is maintained or operated in Canada, you will need to obtain the corresponding license. This way, you will be able to operate it without having to worry about having to register the vessel. You can find the initial form right here on our website.

Transfer an Existing License

Now, if you are going to be transferring your pleasure craft license to someone else, be it through a sale, an exchange, or an inheritance, they won’t need to get a new license upon acquiring the vessel. At least not as long as you transfer your current one to the new owner. All you need to do for this is submit the transfer of license form, which is readily available here on our website.

Renew the Pleasure Craft License

The renewal pleasure craft license form will be of great use when your license is soon expiring. You won’t be able to do this until you are at least three months away from the expiration date. Don’t let your BC pleasure craft license expire, though, to ensure continuity in your licensing. If you do, the process to reinstate the license might end up being a lot more complicated than it should be.

Get a Duplicate of the License

If something happens to your craft license, be it that it got lost or damaged at some point or another, you will need a new one. Don’t worry, though, because you will not have to go through the entire process to get a new one all over again. Instead, all you need to do is submit an application to get a duplicate. This will give you a replacement of the license so that you don’t have to set sail without it at any point.

Update Your License

So, did you recently change your address or the vessel’s hailing port? Do you need to update one of the vessel’s specifications? Well, your pleasure craft license will need to be updated in order to reflect any of these changes. There are specific forms you will need to submit for each of these respective changes and they are all available here on our website. Here at the National Vessel Registry Center Corp, we can provide you with all the necessary forms for you to keep your BC pleasure license valid. And, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to us by calling +1 (800) 419-9569 or email us at info@canadianvesselregistry.ca.