Form 16 – Builder’s Mortgage

transfer of Canadian registration

If you’re having a vessel built, and the financing for this project is coming from an outside lender via a builder’s mortgage, there will be documentation that will need to be submitted to the Canadian Registry of Vessels. The Form 16 – Builder’s Mortgage will ask for information regarding all mortgagors and mortgagees as they pertain to the vessel’s construction. This form will be instrumental to the vessel’s ultimate registration, so it’s important that it be submitted promptly and completely. Canadian Vessel Registry Center can assist you with filing this form using our online portal, keeping your build on-pace and legally sound.