What is a Canada Pleasure Craft Operator Card?

Canada Pleasure Craft Operator Card

Do you have an overwhelming urge to own your own boat? Are you getting antsy to finally get out on the water and start making waves or catching fish with your friends and family? Is it tough to watch as another boating season cruises on by while you are stuck on the shore? Well, if you are strongly looking at boat ownership, there is no time like the present. Whether you are thinking about buying a modest canoe or an upscale fishing boat, you will be able to find what you are looking for on Canada’s robust new or used marine marketplace. Of course, you will want to think long and hard about what type of vessel is right for you. Once you have narrowed your options, you can then make an offer to a seller and finalize your transaction. Before you can untie from the dock, though, you may require some forms from Transport Canada, one of which could be a Canada pleasure craft operator card (PCOC). By knowing what you need, you can greatly reduce the time it takes to complete this process.

Owning a boat can be a great source of leisure, but it also comes with a certain level of responsibility. This is because boats can not only be expensive, but they can also be dangerous when operated incorrectly. With this in mind, during your years as a boat owner, you will need to work with Transport Canada from time to time. Headquartered in Ottawa, this government agency is tasked with managing all transportation concerns on both land and sea. Transport Canada issues vessel registrations, pleasure craft licenses (PCLs), and pleasure craft operator cards. The good news is, by working with a private service such as ours at the National Vessel Registry Center, you can apply for the documents you need online with just a few minutes of your time.

How Do You Get a Canada Pleasure Craft Operator Card?

You can think of a PCOC as sort of like a driver’s license for a boat. In fact, you will likely hear other marine enthusiasts refer to this document as a boating license. To get your PCOC, you will need to take a short educational course that goes over some basic boating operation practices, while also learning basic safety maneuvers. At the completion of the course, you will then need to pass Transport Canada’s requisite exam, after which point you will be issued a PCOC free of charge.

Chances are, you will also need some additional Transport Canada documentation, likely in the form of a PCL or vessel registration. The good news is, we can help! We have easy-to-use fillable forms on our convenient website.

Canada Pleasure Craft Operator Card

Get in the Water Today!

Work with us and apply for all the Transport Canada documentation you need online. To learn more about what we can do for you, visit our Frequently Asked Questions page, or take a few minutes to explore our navigation menu.