What a Provisional Certificate for a Vessel Allows You to do

Provisional Certificate for a Vessel

Buying a new boat for pleasure or commercial purposes can be wonderful for you. But there is a legal process that you need to follow. That way, you make sure that your boat is properly registered and legally allowed in the water. Filing the proper paperwork with Transport Canada is very important, but it is also a lengthy and time-consuming process. Ideally, you want to be able to get your boat in the water as soon as possible. In some cases, you may find that obtaining a provisional certificate for a vessel can provide you with the flexibility you need.

What a Provisional Certificate is

A provisional certificate is something you can obtain from Transport Canada. It can allow you to temporarily move a registered vessel while you are waiting to receive your final certificate of registration from the government. This can be important to you if you want to get your vessel moving quickly to start your business. Or if you are a buyer that is in a country outside of Canada and want to bring the vessel into your country. Filing this form with Transport Canada can provide you with the approval you need to move the vessel.

Provisional Certificate for a Vessel

Filing a Provisional Certificate

There is a process you must go through when filing for a provisional certificate for a vessel. You can find the form listed on Transport Canada’s website and download the form, print it out, and mail it in to Transport Canada. While many people choose this option, the process can take a while, and you may not want to spend a lot of time waiting for the mail to get to the right office, go through the process, and then get back to you. Instead, you may want to come to us at National Vessel Registry Center Corp. for assistance.

Helping You Get Your Provisional Certificate

At National Vessel Registry Center Corp., we can help you file your paperwork for a provisional certificate for a vessel in Canada. You can find the necessary forms available on our website so you can fill out everything on your computer and file it electronically with us. We can check it over for you and then file it with Transport Canada for approval, saving you time in the process. Find the form you need right here on our site so you can get started and get the certificate you need to get your boat in the water.