How to Transfer PWC Ownership in Ontario and Make Your Boat Sale Official

transfer PWC ownership in Ontario

If you’re selling your recreational vessel, then you will need to file to transfer PWC ownership in Ontario so as to pass along the documentation to the new owner. Here’s how to do that.

Watercraft Ownership Transfer in Ontario

If you are looking to sell your boat, you will have to worry about the administrative and bureaucratic side of the transfer of ownership. When you first got your recreational vessel, you had to either get a PWC licence for it. You don’t keep this. This documentation will have to go with the vessel to the new owner. This won’t be automatic, though, and you will have to submit the corresponding form to get it done. Let’s guide you through a closer look at what these transfers will ask of you.

Transferring Watercraft Licences

A similar approach than that for initial registration will later apply when you are looking to transfer PWC ownership in Ontario. This is the document that serves as both the operating permit and proof of ownership for a recreational vessel. Just like with a commercial boat’s registration, this PWC licence will stick with the boat if it switches hands at some point. This applies whether you are adding owners, removing them, or changing them altogether. If you are looking to transfer a licence, you will have to submit an application form for such. Once you submit the form for the transfer, providing all the information about the new owner, they will be able to make use of the PWC licence going forward.

transfer PWC ownership in Ontario

Submitting the Application Form

Once you have all the information that you need in order to transfer PWC ownership in Ontario, you will have to submit the application to Transport Canada. This process is fairly simple, but it can get somewhat complicated if you aren’t all that familiar with it. What we at the National Vessel Registry Center recommend is that you let our site handle the request for you. All you need to do is head over to the corresponding option on our menu and fill out the form you will find there. Once you’ve filled it out, you can simply pay for the application fee and submit it to Transport Canada directly through our platform. No downloads, no printing, and no mailing necessary. Your transfer will be officially processed in no time.

File For Transfers With Transport Canada

No one likes to do paperwork, especially when it comes to government agencies and complicated bureaucracies. As a vessel owner here in Canada, you might feel like you have to put up with this in order to take care of your vessel registration or your pleasure craft licence. However, it doesn’t have to be that complex or frustrating. Our team here at the National Vessel Registry Center have made it so that all these applications and paperwork submissions are a lot easier for you. Take a look at our menu and find the forms that you need to submit, and feel free to contact us should you need any help filling them out.