Certification for Vessels in Canada and Beyond

Certification for Vessels

Certification for vessels in Canada doesn’t just mean that you have to stay in Canada. After all, those are some of the biggest reasons that people get their vessels registered: so that they can travel. Instead of being tied to one place, you’re able to roam, with all of the advantages and benefits that registration bestows upon you. Here at the National Vessel Registry Corp., we’ve helped so many to get the registration that they need so that they can take their vessels wherever they want in style.

Certification for Vessels in Canada

Many vessel owners get this particular kind of registration because they’re going to spend copious amounts of time outside of Canada. You don’t have to be travelling simply for commercial reasons, either. Many of our customers have registered their recreational vessels before they travel as well. One of the biggest, most common reasons that they do so is because registration allows you to fly the Canadian flag. This kind of registration also serves as proof of ownership as well. That way, no matter where you go, people will know you’re from Canada with a registered Canadian vessel.

Certification for vessels in Canada

A Word about the Certificate

These vessel certification certificates look great; they are truly ornate formal documents. Obviously, you don’t want them to get wet or damaged. Understandably, many folks laminate these certificates. Unfortunately, that actually invalidates the certificate. See, these certificates are made so that they can be validated so that they can be deemed to be authentic. Lamination, while protective, actually makes it impossible for authorities to authenticate. Luckily, there are ways to protect these fragile certificates: you can put them in some kind of pouch, plastic bag, or even a case.

Being in Compliance

There’s more to being in compliance with your registration before you travel then simply not laminating your certificate of registration. You also have to make sure that you’ve kept up with the marking requirements as well. That means having the name and port of registration on your vessel. If yours is a commercial vessel, then you have to have the name on both bows as well as the name as well as the port of registry on the stern. Should you have registered a pleasure craft, then the name and port of registration have to be together on an exterior part of the hull. That’s not all, however. You also need to have the registered tonnage and official number on an interior structural part of the hull.

Have Registration, Will Travel

Before you would go on any kind of trip, you make sure to have everything you’ll need. For many, registration is one more thing to take care of before they take their boat beyond Canada. We can help you to get the registration you need quickly so that you can head out to wherever the waters may take you. For more information about how we can help, don’t hesitate to call us at (800) 419-9569.