Get the Boat Ownership Forms You Need Online

Boat Ownership

Are you looking for new ways to better enjoy the great outdoors? Are you tired of spending your summer weekends stuck on the shore? Well, if the answer is “yes” to both questions, it may be time to think seriously about boat ownership. When you own your own boat, you give yourself the freedom to leave the dock or marina whenever the urge should strike you. Whether you are an avid fisherman, or water sports enthusiast, or you just like to be out in nature, with your own boat, the world is your oyster. And really, what better place is there to boat than Canada? Home to literally hundreds of thousands of lakes, Canada is a boater’s dream. Still, while boating is a great recreational activity, it does come with a certain degree of responsibility. If you are relatively new to boat ownership, you are going to want to make sure that you have the proper registration documents from Transport Canada so that you are in good legal standing. Read on to learn more.

The decision to buy a boat can be a significant one. For one thing, boats are expensive. Beyond the initial price tag that comes with a new boat, you will also want to factor in docking costs, maintenance fees, and the price of fuel. Additionally, owning a boat is a major investment of your own time, as you will surely want to use it often. Once you have made your decision, you will also need to spend a decent amount of time researching the various makes and models available for purchase. Once you have zeroed in on the boat for you, you can then find a seller and negotiate a fair price. With your new boat firmly in your possession, you will no doubt be itching to get it in the water. First, though, you may want to use our web forms to process some basic paperwork.

Which Boat Ownership Documents Do You Need?

Before you start putting ink to paper–or using our fillable web forms to save time–you should probably have a basic understanding of the documents you need. If your new boat is purely used for recreational purposes, and it has an engine of 7.5 kW (10 horsepower) or more, you will need what is called a pleasure craft license (PCL). A PCL will give your boat a registration number which must be displayed on both sides of your boat’s exterior bow.

If your new vessel will be used for business purposes, or if it will be used to sail abroad under the Canadian flag, you will need to obtain a vessel registration. This will also be true if the purchase of your vessel was facilitated with a bank loan. We can help you get your registration online.

Boat Ownership

Using Our Helpful Web Forms

If you need to register your boat or obtain a PCL, we can help. Simply select the correct option from our navigation menu. To learn a bit more, you can also visit our useful Frequently Asked Questions page.