How to Transfer a Boat Registration in Canada

How to Transfer Boat Registration

Have you been looking for how to transfer a boat registration in Canada? Have you found an eligible buyer for your vessel and want to make sure that you’ve taken care of everything? The day that you sell your boat is a red-letter day indeed. However, if you haven’t completed all of the paperwork properly, you’re setting yourself up for more headaches down the road. That’s just one of the many reasons that folks use our site when they’re going to transfer their vessels. 

Transfer a Boat Registration in Canada at Our Site 

If your vessel is registered with Transport Canada, then you’ll be able to apply for the “Transfer of Ownership” form right here at our site. A few things to keep in mind: you can’t transfer a pleasure craft (with a pleasure craft license) through this method. Moreover, you need to make sure that all of the information is in order. Indeed, anyone “who provides false or misleading information commits an offense” against the law. We didn’t just write that ourselves, it comes from Section 37 of the Canada Shipping Act, 2001. So: if you have the info you need in front of you and/or memorized, you can use this form at our site. 

How to Transfer Boat Registration

Transferring a Pleasure Craft License 

That said, we know that so many other vessel owners at our site use their vessels to have fun with family and friends. If you have a pleasure craft (with a pleasure craft license) you can also apply for the transfer forms you need at our site as well. In this circumstance, you’ll want to utilize our “pleasure craft license transfer form.” As with all of our other forms, you can access and complete them from literally anywhere, so long as you’re connected to the internet. 

Other Ways to Transfer 

Sometimes, transferring a vessel (and its registration) doesn’t happen through a sale. When other circumstances occur, you can, again, find the forms you’ll need at our site. So, if the vessel owner passes away or declares bankruptcy,  you can use the “Transmission on Death/Bankruptcy” form at our site. Additionally, we know that not everyone has a vessel that’s large enough for “regular” registration but they still want to be able to transfer it. That’s why, at our site, you can find the form you’ll need for the successful transferring of a vessel on the “Small Vessel Registry” as well. 

Beyond Transferring 

Yes, transferring is one of the most common reasons that people use our site. Here, you can transfer just about any kind of vessel. That said, you can do so much more at our site than just transfer a vessel, too. You can also register your vessel, whether it’s for the Small Vessel Registry or otherwise. Additionally, you can find all of the forms that you could potentially need for the Pleasure Craft License, too. To see everything that we offer and how it can help you and your vessel, head to our site.